Toronto security companies personal safety tips
Toronto security companies personal safety tips – Safety tips by one of the top Toronto Security companies. A robbery every 45 sec, violent crime every 20 sec, rape every 5 min. As one of the top Toronto security companies, our safety experts look at personal safety tips. We set a table of scenarios looking for your our own personal security. There are different ways to increase personal and emotional safety. Let’s look at the aggressor’s profile. A potential attacker is most likely a repeat offender, these predators spend time in prison perfecting at what they do. They spend at least 8 hrs a day practicing their craft.
There are few general attributes describing the predator:
- Highly motivated
- Look to be quick in their attack
- Aggressors do not want to be around crowds or lights
- They want to pick to easiest target possible.
- Potential victims have also general characteristics:
- Victims are not aware of the surroundings
- We think it cannot happen to us
- Potential victims are filled with fear at the moment it does happen.
As on of the top Toronto security companies we provide you with some tips for your personal safety:
Awareness – it’s the most important aspect of your personal safety. You need to be aware of the surrounding and what we’re doing. You need to live in the moment and never stereotype anyone. You might think that potential attacker looks certain way, but in reality the potential attacker goes out of his or her way to look like everybody else. Carry yourself with your head up and be aware where you are, what you’re doing and who’s around you. The personal attacker will look at you and see “NOT AN EASY TARGET” and most likely will walk away.
Attitude of the person being attacked is usually filled with fear and surprise. You can to turn this around. When the attacker sees fear in your face it only fuels his aggression, however they have no idea whether you’re trained or not. To turn that around you would adapt a fighting stance, instead of the look of fear. (One leg forward two hands up). The attacker might think ‘this person know what they’re doing!’ ‘Maybe I picked the wrong person and I should aboard the mission’. On top of that you add a loud ‘Kia!’ which will tell the attacker ‘you chose the wrong person!’.
Things not say – ‘please go away from me’ – this is too timid, or ‘get away from me you low life’ – these type of statements might only raise anger in the attacker.
You Should say “ Get away from me, don’t touch me!” authoritative, strong voice shows you mean business!
Actions – things we MUST do if all else fails.
- Call for a friend, attacker does not know if your friend is around the corner or not.
- The other thing you want to yell is ‘Fire!” – people always come out to see fire, sadly when you yell ‘Help!‘ often people run away.
- Remember the potential attacker wants to be fast and does not want attention
- Top two targets to strike – eyes (strikes to the eyes are extremely painful and might let you get away); the other is strike to the knees.
- Do you have anything you can throw at the attacker – i.e. change into the eyes, bottle, purse, strike with keys to the face